Dr Adam Sheridan is a Dermatologist with special expertise in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Medical Lasers. He is uniquely qualified, having undergone Specialist Dermatology training in Australia and the United Kingdom; and Clinical Research Fellowships in Dermatology and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in the UK.
Dr Sheridan is referred to for expert management of dermatological conditions, including those below. We look forward to caring for you.
- • Skin cancer: BCC, SCC, Melanoma, AFX, Merkel Cell Carcinoma and others
- • Acne and related issues such as scarring and pigmentation
- • Rosacea, facial redness, flushing and poikiloderma
- • Vascular lesions and broken vessels
- • Pigmentation and melasma
- • Photodamage and accelerated ageing
- • Hyperhidrosis
Dr Sheridan is a Fellow of:
- • The Australasian College of Dermatologists
- • American College of Mohs Surgery
- • The Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
Dr Sheridan is a Member of:
- • Australian Medical Association
- • Australian Day Hospital Association
- • Australian Society of Cosmetic Dermatology
- • Australasian Academy of Antiageing Medicine
- • American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- • Royal Society of Medicine, UK
- • General Medical Council, UK
- • International Society for Biophysics and Imaging of the Skin
Dr. Sheridan graduated from The University of Adelaide Medical School and went on to train as a specialist Dermatologist in Australia and the United Kingdom.
Dr Sheridan was awarded Clinical Research Fellowships at the Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals, Oxford, UK in:
- • Dermatology
- • Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
He has undertaken further specialist training to become a Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists; and has completed an Advanced Fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery, Cutaneous Oncology, and Lasers; endorsed by the Australasian College of Dermatologists and the American College of Mohs Surgery.
- • Head of Unit, Mohs Surgery and Dermatology, Ramsays Hospitals, Melbourne
- • Visiting Dermatologic Surgeon, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne
- • Visiting Dermatologic Surgeon, The Skin & Cancer Foundation, Melbourne
- • Consultant Dermatologist, Specialist Dermatology Surgery & Laser
- • Consultant Dermatologist, Phoenix Dermatology
- • Consultant Dermatologist, Victorian Dermatology & Surgery
- • Medical Advisory Committee, The Avenue Hospital, Melbourne
- • Consultant Dermatologist, Monash Medical Centre, Melbourne
- • Consultant Dermatologist, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide
- • Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon, Adelaide DermSurgery, Adelaide
- • Visiting Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon, Sydney Specialist Dermatology, NSW
- • Consultant Dermatologist, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals & Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford UK
Australasian College of Dermatologists roles past and present:
- • ACD Mohs Surgery Diagnostic Quality Assurance Programme Convenor
- • ACD Mohs Micrographic Surgery Committee
- • ACD Public Relations Committee
- • ACD Honorary State Secretary, SA, Australasian College of Dermatologists
- • ACD Continued Professional Development Committee
- • ACD Examiner, Specialist Examinations
- • Clinical tutor, medical students and specialist trainees
- • Royal Australian College of General Practitioners joint initiatives
- • Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia joint initiatives
- • Royal Australasian College of Surgeons joint initiatives
- • Reviewer, Australasian Journal of Dermatology
Visit our ‘Media’ section for a selection of educational articles by Dr Sheridan.
Director of Nursing Melanie De Vincentis RN Div 1 leads our team of dedicated and highly qualified nurses. Melanie’s deep knowledge and enthusiasm relating to wholistic healthcare places life balance, diet, exercise and hormonal factors at the center of all we do. Melanie and her team deliver the highest quality clinical care; and look forward to meeting you in clinic, theatre, and at your postoperative visits.
Our Administrative support is built around a team of warm, caring professionals. Esther, Alex, Julie, Chamonix, Chelsea, Rebecca and Christine act for you as they would for their own family and friends. Your privacy and safety are of paramount importance to us when assisting with your enquiries and concerns.
Dr Sheridan and the staff at SDSL take pride in the delivery of peerless specialist medical care. We are deeply committed to quality; through personalised care and professionalism. We enjoy caring for all members of the community, from childhood to retirement; and all skin types, from white to coloured. We work in close partnership with a network of excellent local GPs, Specialists, Pathologists and Allied Health professionals. We value our close relationships with premier hospitals and academic units throughout the country.
We invest heavily in our skills, people, equipment and facilities.
Dr Sheridan has devoted himself to the highest level of Specialist training, travelling the breadth of Australia and internationally to attain his knowledge and skills. These are honed through ongoing medical education activities and interaction with respected institutions in Australasia and abroad. Dr Sheridan makes academic contributions through teaching of Specialists, GPs, Nurses and Medical Students. He enjoys learning as much as he teaches through this interplay with other curious minds.
Our friendly staff look forward to welcoming you to our bright modern practice, to bring the benefits to bear upon your health and well being.