Dr Adam Sheridan is a specialist Dermatologist, with special expertise in Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery and medical lasers. He is uniquely qualified, having undertaken specialist training in Australia and the United Kingdom; and Clinical Research Fellowships in Dermatology and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Oxford, UK.
Dr Sheridan is the Head of Mohs Surgery at The Avenue Hospital, Windsor, VIC; and Visiting Dermatologic Surgeon at The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne. He consults privately at Malvern, Melbourne and Glenelg, Adelaide.
He is Visiting Consultant in Dermatologic Surgery to The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne; Vista Day Surgery, Adelaide; Glenelg Day Surgery, Glenelg; and provides specialist consultant services to the Australian Defence Force and professional sporting organisations. Dr Sheridan is heavily involved in the education of medical students, specialist trainees, general practitioners and specialists. Through initiatives in partnership with government, specialist colleges and the Cancer Council Australia, Dr Sheridan has contributed to the practical up-skilling in skin cancer management of > 2000 Australian doctors.
Dr Sheridan is known for his commitment to providing the highest quality specialist care to his patients.
Dr Sheridan is referred to for expert management of skin cancer and dermatologic conditions requiring specialist input, such as those below. We look forward to caring for you.
- • Skin cancer: BCC, SCC, Melanoma
- • Severe acne and related scarring
- • Rosacea and poikiloderma
- • Vascular lesions
- • Photodamage and pigmentation
- • Hyperhidrosis
Dr Sheridan is a Fellow of:
- • The Australasian College of Dermatologists
- • American College of Mohs Surgery
- • The Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
Dr Sheridan is a Member of:
- • Australian Medical Association
- • Australian Day Hospital Association
- • Australian Society of Cosmetic Dermatology
- • Australasian Academy of Antiageing Medicine
- • American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- • Royal Society of Medicine, UK
- • General Medical Council, UK
- • International Society for Biophysics and Imaging of the Skin
Dr. Sheridan graduated from The University of Adelaide Medical School and went on to train as a specialist Dermatologist in Adelaide, Australia and Oxford, United Kingdom; to become a Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists
Dr Sheridan was awarded Clinical Research Fellowships at the Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals, Oxford, UK in:
- • Dermatology
- • Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
He has undertaken an advanced Fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery, Cutaneous Oncology, and Lasers in Perth, Western Australia; endorsed by the Australasian College of Dermatologists and the American College of Mohs Surgery.
- • Head of Mohs Surgery and Dermatology, Ramsays Hospitals, Victoria
- • Visiting Dermatologic Surgeon, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne
- • Visiting Dermatologic Surgeon, The Skin Health Institute, Melbourne
- • Consultant Dermatologist, Specialist Dermatology Surgery & Laser
- • Consultant Dermatologist, Phoenix Dermatology
- • Consultant Dermatologist, Victorian Dermatology & Surgery
- • Medical Advisory Committee, The Avenue Hospital, Melbourne
- • Consultant Dermatologist, Monash Medical Centre, Melbourne
- • Consultant Dermatologist, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide
- • Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon, Adelaide DermSurgery, Adelaide
- • Visiting Dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon, Sydney Specialist Dermatology, NSW
- • Consultant Dermatologist, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals, Oxford UK
Australasian College of Dermatologists roles past and present:
- • ACD Mohs Surgery Diagnostic Quality Assurance Programme Convenor
- • ACD Mohs Micrographic Surgery Committee
- • ACD Public Relations Committee
- • ACD Honorary State Secretary, SA, Australasian College of Dermatologists
- • ACD Continued Professional Development Committee
- • ACD Examiner, Specialist Examinations
- • Clinical tutor, medical students and specialist trainees
- • Royal Australian College of General Practitioners joint initiatives
- • Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia joint initiatives
- • Royal Australasian College of Surgeons joint initiatives
- • Reviewer, Australasian Journal of Dermatology
Visit our ‘News’ section for a selection of educational and media articles by Dr Sheridan.
Nurse Practitioner Melanie De Vincentis leads our highly qualified and dedicated clinical team. Melanie began her nursing career as an RN in theatre. She undertook a postgraduate degree in perioperative nursing; working with multiple specialities including Plastic surgery, Orthopaedics and Dermatology. Having greatly enjoyed her role in Dermatology, Melanie was selected to complete a further postgraduate qualification as Specialist Nurse Practitioner in Dermatology, Melbourne University.
Melanie’s deep knowledge and enthusiasm relating to evidence based wholistic healthcare places awareness of life balance, diet, exercise and hormonal factors at the center of all we do. Melanie and her team deliver the highest quality clinical care; and look forward to caring for you in clinic and theatre.
Our Administrative support team is built around a group of warm, caring professionals. Annie, Nicole, Julie, Paula, Emma, Rebecca, Helena, Mary and John act for you as for their own family and friends. Your safety and privacy are of paramount importance to us when assisting with your enquiries and concerns.
Dr Sheridan and the staff at SDSL take pride in the delivery of peerless specialist medical care. We are deeply committed to quality; through personalised care and professionalism. We enjoy caring for the community; and work in close partnership with a network of excellent local GPs, specialists, pathologists and allied health professionals to do so. We value our close relationships with premier hospitals and academic units throughout the country.
We invest heavily in our skills, people, equipment and facilities.
Dr Sheridan has devoted himself to the highest level of Specialist training; travelling the breadth of Australia and internationally to attain his knowledge and skills. These are honed through ongoing medical education activities and interaction with respected institutions in Australasia and abroad. Dr Sheridan makes academic contributions through teaching of Specialists, GPs, Nurses and Medical Students. He enjoys learning as much as he teaches through this interplay with other curious minds.
Our friendly staff look forward to welcoming you to our bright modern practice, to bring the benefits to bear upon your health and well being.
All SDSL doctors, nurses and allied staff are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.